Chronic back pain is one of the most common ailments in North America. It could be due to our high commute times, hunched over a steering wheel; or it could be because our posture isn’t as good as it should be. Or, it could be that we sit at our desks for hours on end, working against a deadline. Whatever the reason, centers like Coastal Spine and Pain offer relief and therapy. Studies show that the foods we eat can also help alleviate back pain and reduce inflammation. Here are the top 5 foods to eat:
- Olive Oil: This Essential Fatty Acid (EFA) should be included in your daily diet. This helps fight inflammation as well as contributes to an overall healthy diet.
- Nuts: Walnuts and almonds are among the healthiest nuts. Eat a handful a day to keep inflammation away.
- Fish: Salmon, mackerel, tuna and sardines contain EFA’s and are extremely heart-healthy foods. Along with fighting inflammation and back pain, they will make your skin and hair shiny and healthy.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are a great food to keep on hand and include in your daily diet. There are many ways to eat these, whether it’s on a sandwich, a salad or an omelet. For extra flavor, try growing them in your garden and enjoy a fresh selection everyday.
- Fruits: Cherries, strawberries, oranges and blueberries all have inflammatory properties, although a diet that is rich in a variety of fruits and vegetables will help keep you healthy and pain-free.
Stay away from processed foods and read labels to make sure your selection contains no hydrogenated fats. These all contribute to inflammation and can cause chronic back pain if you eat too much of these foods. Along with eating a healthy diet, try to get at least 15 minutes of exercise every day.
Click here to get more information about Chronic back pain treatment
Be the first to like.