When a car accident occurs, everything can happen rather quickly, and it can be difficult to determine who is at fault. Especially, when severe injuries are sustained, and emotions are running high that can lead to a lot of confusion. Following an auto accident, there are a few things you should remember to help prevent a costly mistake from being made that can risk your chance of obtaining a reasonable settlement. An essential step you should remember is to contact a car accident attorney in St. Petersburg, FL.
Following an Accident:
- Immediately assess the situation, you should check to see if anyone is injured or if the site is safe. If possible move everyone to safety and quickly contact emergency personnel.
- If you are not injured, you should wait to speak with the reporting police officer to give them your information.
- You should gather all vital information if possible such as personal info on the other parties involved and the names of any witnesses to the accident.
- Do not give admit fault to the other parties involved or the police officer. This can jeopardize your claim and place you at risk of paying for damages you did not cause.
- Whether you feel injured or not, immediately seek medical attention. Sometimes the adrenalin rush from the accident can prevent you from feeling pain and the injury may not be noticeable until the next day.
- You should contact a car accident attorney in St. Petersburg, FL as soon as you can after the incident.
Do Not Risk Your Settlement
While most people try to handle accident claim on their own, it is important to consult with an attorney. If not handled properly, you are risking the chance of receiving a settlement for a lesser amount than you are entitled to. Ludin Law can provide the legal expertise and knowledge you require to ensure you are fully compensated after being involved in an auto accident.
Be the first to like.