Kitchens can be one of the most hectic rooms in a home, and it’s easy to neglect your refrigerator when taking out the trash or cleaning visible countertops seems more important. However, maintaining your refrigerator properly isn’t a task to be forgotten, as there are safety concerns related to a dirty or malfunctioning refrigerator. By following these tips, you’ll be on your way to a happier fridge.
1. Check your refrigerator’s functions! Be aware that your refrigerator is a machine that can break. If your food isn’t keeping to its expiration date or if you notice your refrigerator making an odd noise, call a New Orleans appliance repair expert immediately.
2. Martha Stewart recommends wiping up spills as soon as they happen. Don’t allow odors a chance to permeate your refrigerator or give bacteria any time to grow! Also, make sure the things you put into your refrigerator are clean—wipe off the dirty rims of condiment bottles or food that has escaped onto the sides of Tupperware containers.
3. By keeping any perishable items in the front of your refrigerator, you’ll have an easier time keeping track of what needs to be used and when, says Fox News. Not only will you save money by utilizing your food in a smarter way, but you’ll also prevent any odors from spoiled food seeping into the nooks and crannies of your refrigerator.
4. Throw out what you won’t eat! Don’t let leftovers stagnate. Instead, be honest with yourself about what you will and won’t eat. It’s always better to throw something away than to let it rot in your refrigerator and contaminate other foods.
5. Use common sense. If something seems wrong but you can’t place your finger on what, don’t hesitate to call Broussard Appliance Service for outstanding appliance repair in New Orleans. If you think that there’s a problem with your refrigerator, your instincts are probably right!
Be the first to like.