As parents age, the need to consider what type of care to provide them with arises with growing intensity. It is hard to objectively consider the options when your own family is involved. Some may look at retirement or a nursing home. However, this may not be the right answer for your situation. Another option to consider is in-home care in Mclean VA. For seniors, this may be the most viable solution.
Some Benefits of In-Home Care
Before you make a decision, it is important to consider the many benefits to both you and your family member. Consider the following:
- Familiarity: The stay-at-home option allows seniors to stay within familiar surroundings. They can retain a sense of family, solidarity and consistency. This is especially helpful for those who are currently in the early stages of Alzheimer’s.
- Dignity: In-home care endows seniors with a sense of dignity.
- Independence: By remaining in their own home, seniors retain a modicum of independence. This is a crucial component of the state of human identity.
- Peace and Quiet: While the neighborhood your parents live in may seem noisy to you, the sights and sounds are less disturbing or raucous than the new ones they would have to cope with in the confines of a nursing or retirement home.
- Control: People like to have some control over their lives. By remaining in their home, an elderly person can retain this without increasing risks to their health and wellbeing.
In-home care is also excellent for those family members worried about their parents. They can relax knowing that the parent is being provided for on a regular basis. The family knows they can monitor the situation, but by choosing the right company for In- home care, remain assured their parents are in safe and capable hands on a daily basis.
Contact CAPITAL CITY NURSES
Be the first to like.