Water heaters last around ten to fifteen years before needing to be replaced. When problems start to arise, homeowners need to be fully aware of the signs so they will know when to seek the professionals for the repair of their Water Heater in Bellevue WA. Waiting too long to seek repairs could lead to serious water damage that can become costly to repair.
Signs of Water Heater Issues
There are multiple water heater issues that may begin to occur in a home. Being aware of the signs of issues with a Water Heater in Bellevue WA is essential for ensuring repairs or a replacement can be sought in a timely manner. The following are some of the common signs homeowners will notice when their water heater is beginning to fail.
- One of the first signs a homeowner will notice is changes in the temperature of their hot water. If the water is no longer staying warm or seems to run out quickly, it would be wise for a homeowner to seek prompt repairs.
- A homeowner may also notice their hot water heater begins to sweat. Sweating is not normal under any circumstances. When it starts occurring, this means leaks are likely going to begin occurring.
- It is common in water heater problems to result in leaks. Often, homeowners do not notice the leaks until they have become severe because hot water heaters are typically installed in out-of-the-way places that are not noticed often.
- If the hot water coming from the water heater is changing colors or has an odd smell, this could be a sign the liner is breaking down and the hot water heater needs to be repaired or replaced.
- A homeowner may also notice their hot water heater starts to swell. This is a dangerous situation because it could suddenly lead to a burst of water coming into the home.
Call the Professionals
If you have noticed any of the above, it is important you seek the professionals for water heater repair or replacement. Waiting too long will only lead to increased damage to the heater and your home.