When you are caring for your loved ones, quality care is a top priority. However, when medicine and constant hospital trips are no longer providing the best care, you may need to provide other resources. Here are few early signs of deciding when to use health care services in Stockbridge, GA, that can improve your loved one’s quality of life.
Early Signs to Your Decision Making
These signs may help your decision making when choosing which health care services in Stockbridge, GA, are right for your family member.
- Losing basic functionality such as walking, eating, maintaining hygiene, using the restroom and daily living tasks
- Increased memory loss and mental confusion
- Reduced brain activities such as sharpness and disengagement with others
- Significant body changes such as weight loss, loss of appetite and composition
- Frequent hospitalizations, ER visits, infections and their health is deteriorating rapidly
- Terminal health conditions worsen
- Treatments are no longer working for their illness
Extra Care with Common Illnesses
These common illnesses may be best treated in a hospice care environment or other health care services.
- Heightened diseases such as lung, heart and liver
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Failure of the kidneys
- HIV and AIDS
Also, if you feel their symptoms are worsening, they are at a loss for communication and it is becoming harder to manage your caregiving to their needs.
Give us a call at Sacred Journey Hospice or visit us at for more information on giving care to your loved one.