When a home or business owner considers having a new roof installed on their building, they will often leave the old roofing on to reduce the cost of the installation. Even though a lay-over installation may seem beneficial, it can create serious problems for the owner of the building. Before a new roof installation in Palm Coast area, it is important to contact the right contractor to remove the old roofing before applying the new material. A professional roofer can explain the process of installing the new roof and the benefits from tearing off the old one.
Why It is Better to Remove Old Roofing First?
- There can be rotting wood under the current roof that needs to be replaced. Not removing the old roofing can cause the damaged wood to worsen over the years.
- A roofer will be able to check better for problem areas that have leaked and fix the problem.
- The extra roofing on the building can weigh down the rafters. It’s very important to not add this extra weight in older buildings.
- When a new roof installation in Palm Coast is being completed, special attention needs to be made to the rakes, valleys, and eaves of the roof. This cannot be accomplished if the old roofing is not removed.
- When a lay-over is performed, it will lessen the life expectancy of the new roof and require it to be replaced earlier than normal.
A Fresh Roof Provides Durability
A roof plays a vital role in protecting the structure of the building and the property inside. The rooftop is subjected to various factors that can affect the durability of the roof. From extreme heat to torrential rains and winds, it is significant to take the steps required to install a durable roof that can last for many years. R&K Roofing supplies their clients with skilled workers that use quality material to ensure their property is protected. They can provide you with the information you need to make a well-informed decision when replacing your roof.
Be the first to like.