Switzerland provides an opportunity for students globally for a host of career streams. However, being the mecca of the hospitality industry, it is ideal for you study hotel management in Switzerland, the most coveted course of the country. And the first step to fulfilling your desire to study hotel management in Switzerland, is to get a student visa to the country. Keep reading to know more.
Types of Switzerland Visas9
There are two types of Switzerland Visas for students, C-Visa (for short term) and D-Visa (for long periods). The C- visa lasts up to 3 months while D-visa is ideal for one year and has to be renewed every year.
Things to remember while applying for a visa
• Apply at least 3 months before your programme starts.
• An Indian student can schedule a visa appointment online through a visa application centre for the embassy of Switzerland.
• Bring your application documents there and have your biometrics collected. Indian students may have to provide biometrics during the visa application process.
Documents and Fees
To apply for the Swiss National Visa D, one has to incur the amount of 67 CHF.
The documents required are as follows:
● Three forms of “Application for long-stay visa” filled and signed
● Four passport-size photographs
● Passport (valid 3 months beyond the planned stay)
● Letter of acceptance issued by a Swiss university
● Proof of payment of the registration and tuition fees – original and copy
● Proof of sufficient financial means to cover living costs in Switzerland for the duration of your studies (provide evidence of having 21,000 CHF or 19,200 EUR at the beginning of each year of your studies)
● Letter of institution in case all expenses for the study will be covered by a scholarship or loan
● Commitment to leave Switzerland after completing your studies.
Hope this article was helpful to you. So, apply for the university you have set your sights on, without any doubts and earn that coveted hospitality degree at one of the best hotel management school in Switzerland