Having a flawless skin is everyone’s dream. A dermatologist is the person responsible for taking care of the largest organ in the body, the skin and making sure it stays flawless. Besides being one of the primary determinants of how beautiful a person looks, the skin serves the following purposes.
- It protects the inner parts of the body from exposure to germs and excessive loss of moisture.
- It acts as an excretory organ through sweating.
- It plays an important role when it comes to regulation of the body’s temperature.
It is therefore important to get a Dermatologist in St. Paul MN to have a look at your skin as soon as you notice signs of trouble.
Symptoms of skin problems
There are some common signs that are an indicator of skin that is headed for serious problems. Here are a few of these symptoms.
- The appearance of thick red plaques on the skin
- Redness on the forehead, nose and cheeks
- Excessive dryness of the skin and at times even cracking
- Break out of large boils or pimples on areas such as the face.
These are just some general signs of skin problems. Each skin problem has specific symptoms.
Common skin conditions
Psoriasis: This is a condition that is characterized by the formation of thick red plaques all over the skin. Contrary to what many people believe, psoriasis is actually an autoimmune disorder that occurs when the white blood cells start attacking normal tissue. The skin is hence forced to produce excessive amounts of new skin cells and hence psoriasis. A St. Paul MN dermatologist may not have a cure for the disease, but they will know how to manage it.
Acne: Acne is a well know adolescent’s curse. It is characterized by a break out of big pimples on the face, chest and at times even the back. The easiest way to manage the condition is getting a prescription from a dentist.
Be the first to like.