A healthy, bright smile can go a long way toward improving your self-esteem and self-confidence. If you have chipped, broken or missing teeth, you probably don’t want to smile very often. Luckily, your cosmetic dentist in Elk Grove Village can help. Before you decide on a procedure, however, there are 5 questions you should ask your dentist:
1. Which procedure is best for me? Depending on your particular situation, there are a number of options your dentist can recommend. Veneers, braces, false teeth, crowns, implants, etc. are all things you can choose from. Make sure your dentist explains what he/she recommends an option that you are comfortable with.
2. How long will it last? Most cosmetic dentistry options have a lifespan. Implants can last up to 20 years, while false teeth may have a shorter lifespan. Ideally, you want something that is going to last as long as possible.
3. How much will it cost? Most cosmetic dentistry procedures are costly, and you want to make sure you can afford it. Make sure you’re covered under your insurance plan; if not, ask if the dentist has some sort of payment plan.
4. Can I enjoy all of the same foods I’m eating now? If you currently enjoy foods like corn-on-the-cob, nuts and other crunchy foods, ask whether you’ll still be able to eat them after your procedure.
5. How long will the procedure take and what exactly is involved? Make sure your cosmetic dentist in Elk Grove Village explains every step of the procedure and how long it is going to take. They should also explain whether or not you’ll be awake for the procedure and what type of freezing they will use. It’s important that you understand what they’ll be doing.
Visit Brian Homann, DDS at https://www.elkgrovevillageildentist.com for more details. Like us on our facebook page.
2 people like this post.