Seek Compensation by Hiring a Premises Liability Attorney in Twin Falls, ID

Slipping and falling on a floor can lead to serious injuries, especially if you fall on your back and/or hit your head. When you fall in a store or on someone else’s property, you may be compensated for medical expenses, time off work, and pain and suffering if you can establish that the accident wasn’t your fault.

Establishing Fault

By law, when an accident occurs on someone else’s property, fault must be established. The owner of a property is responsible for its maintenance and ensuring the safety of anyone on the property including customers, tenants, business associates, or friends who are visiting. If you’re injured on someone’s property, get free consultation with a premises liability attorney in Twin Falls, ID to find out about compensation for your injuries.

The visitor, whether it is a friend, customer, or business associate, must use the property as intended. He or she can be found at fault if he or she is injured because of his or her own behavior. If someone is drunk and stumbles on a step or ignores posted safety signs, then the property owner may not be found at fault for the injuries because the property wasn’t used as intended. A premises liability attorney can help determine whether you have a case against a property owner.

Time Limitations

As a premises liability attorney will inform you, you only have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim in order to seek compensation. If only your personal property was damaged or destroyed in the accident, then you have up to three years to seek compensation for the repair or replacement of the property.

After an accident on someone’s property, contact a premises liability attorney to find out your rights and to file a claim seeking compensation for injuries or personal property damage sustained in the mishap.

Be the first to like.