Industries have multiple options when it comes to finishing a product. They can grind it, buff it, plate it, or even sandblast it. All have advantages and disadvantages. However, in these days of tighter environmental restrictions, one specific option is gaining in popularity. This is powder coating.
Five Reasons to Choose Powder Coatings
Many companies are well aware of the basic benefits of choosing powder coatings over other processes. In Grand Rapids, many industries describe the process as being less costly than others. In addition to the price, they also list the following as major reasons for opting for this process.
- Versatility: It is easy to arrange for custom coatings as well as to apply different thicknesses
- Thickness: Coatings are generally thicker than those for other measures ensuring more durable protection.
- Uniformity: Powder coatings go on in uniform thickness and easily coat even the most complex components without unsightly blobs and various thicknesses
- Durability: Applications of powder coats produces a superior bonded finish making the overall result more durable with increased longevity
- Environmentally Friendly: Powder coatings emit near or zero environmentally toxic volatile organic compounds VOC). Moreover, because powder coating production lines produce minimal waste through overspray. Moreover, the leftover spray is recycled. This makes powder coatings a very eco-friendly option
There are many advantages of using powder coatings. These are only the major ones.
Priceless Powder Coating
In Grand Rapids, many industries are deciding to try alternatives to the standard methods of grinding and plating. In doing so, they find that the decision to use powder coating is completely justifiable in many ways. Overall, the process is cost-effective and faster. It also produces a high-quality finish ensuring the components achieve the level of appearance functionality required by the company and its customers while not negatively affecting the essential functionality of the product.