Economical, energy efficient heating solutions for your home are available from a vast array of fireplace manufactures. Before you decide on installing something just because it is also used by your neighbor, it is a good idea to find out what is available and best suited to your needs. Some readily available heating options include:
* Propane and Gas Fireplaces
* Wood Burning Fireplaces
* Alcohol Fireplaces
* Wood Pellet or Corn Stoves
* Wood Stoves
* Wood Cookstoves
* Electric Fireplaces
You can begin your search by looking through the styles and designs available from different manufacturers to get a feel of what could visually fit with your home decor. Going through the featured models available from different fireplace manufacturers can help you learn about specifications and relevant characteristics. The most relevant things to consider while choosing a fireplace are:
* Fuel type: Before you decide between gas, wood, pellet, electric or coal, consider availability, maintenance and if venting would be required.
* Style and design: It is important to find a fireplace that can complement the space and furnishings in your room as fireplaces always stand out as one of the central attractions of a living area.
* Vented or vent-free: Except for electric fireplaces which can be conveniently plugged in, most other fuel type fireplaces require venting so that harmful combustion waste can be vented outside unlike vent-free fireplaces where it is expelled inside and the accumulated moisture facilitates the growth of mold and mildew.
* What fits your budget: It is easier than ever to find a fireplace that is easy on your pocketbook but still complements your décor.
* Temporary or long term heating solution or investing to increase home value: Installing a fireplace instantly adds value to your home as a fireplace is one of the most preferred features that many home buyers desire.
* Traditional or Contemporary: Whether you decide on wood, gas or electric, fireplace manufacturers are combining present day technology with contemporary and modern designs to provide cleaner, energy efficient and state of the art looking models.
* Reading through online reviews might be helpful in identifying the best models and the features you would like your model to include.
For more than 35 years Kozy Heat has been providing heating solutions to residential homes.