It is the legal duty of parents to support their young ones. This is certainly true for both parents, even if they have never been married or are divorced. For parents that do not live together, the responsibility of child support falls on either one of them. As a man involved in a custodial case, it is critical that you retain the services of a Child Support Attorney in Nassau County, NY firm. The main objective of the attorney is to represent your interests as well as of those of your child.
Conventionally, men paid child support to mothers. As much as this is still common in today’s world, there are extraordinary situations where offering the mother custody of a child is not in the young one’s best interest. The workforce today has also absorbed more women, and it is becoming a familiar scenario where the mother is the one who pays for child support.
Whatever the situation you find yourself in, it is critical that you have an idea of how the courts with determine child support. Some of the most common factors in the United States include:
- Incomes of the parents
- Costs of taking care of the child
- Individual needs of the child
- Custodial arrangements
The courts will often calculate the payments required as a percentage of a non-custodial parent’s net income. This percentage is bound to change depending on the number of kids involved and amount of time every parent spends with his kid. View site for more info about the best child support attorneys.
How do Attorneys Help Men?
Since child support issues are not always a one size fits all solution, lawyers representing men will ensure that you get fair treatment. Your attorney will:
- Make sure that all your income is accounted for. These include source of funds ranging from gambling winnings to your salary.
- Your attorney will also make sure that your net income is calculated correctly and that any deductions are done as expected. Your lawyer will also ensure that if you are paying custody, you only do so on reasonable expenses.
- Your attorney is also a critical tool in enforcing child support order if necessary. Should the child’s mother fail to pay for support, your attorney will help you negotiate either in or out of court.
To learn more about what a Child Support Attorneys in Nassau County, NY firm can do for men, do not hesitate to get in touch at Website domain.
1 person likes this post.