Holidays are meant to be special. A special time when we can all get away from the daily routine and chores of our regular lives; a time to leave our cares and worries behind and recharge our inner batteries in readiness for the next round of “normal” life. However, for most of us; there are two major constraints on achieving this desired end. One is the time factor which restricts how often, how long and when we can take a break. The other is how many Dollars we can realistically spend on any particular getaway.
Spur Of The Moment Or Planned?
There are times when we can simply set out somewhere on a whim; but, these are mainly restricted to the weekends or other public holidays. Generally speaking; if we wish to be away on holiday for more than just a couple of days; we really do need to do some thinking (i.e. planning) in advance.
It’s As Much Where To Sleep As It Is Where To Go
Let’s say (by way of example) that you live in Sydney and are planning to splurge out on a beach holiday in the vicinity of Noosa Heads, Queensland; you could simply set out and take pot luck on finding somewhere available (and satisfactory) to stay at once you get there. But, will all the best places be full and will you end up staying somewhere that you do not like?
Obviously, booking your accommodation in advance is a good step towards avoiding disappointment when you get there. However, there are some things that you should keep in mind when making your booking. Things like:-
- Whether you do the booking through a travel agent or (as more likely these days) on line; you have to place a certain amount of trust in the information provided. Fortunately, if you were given a load of lies and misrepresentations by the booking agent; you do have some legal protection.
- Check the pricing; especially as to what might be excluded from the price you are being quoted.
- Try to double check descriptions. For example you may be told that a place is a “Beach Resort” but; is it actually near to the sea?
- Do you want to take all your meals at the place you have chosen; or, would you prefer the opportunity to go out and explore other facilities in the locality?
- Most booking agents are honest but there are some dodgy ones; choose carefully and check user reviews.
When booking on line; agents like Netanya Noosa resort offer a wide selection of accommodations; ranging from the simple to the exotic. Plus; they have a wealth of knowledge relating to the area’s beaches and the whole Noosa National Park.
Be the first to like.